Situational Awareness with External Attack Surface Management
Get a hacker’s view of your agency’s exposure to attack
Cybersecurity threats and modern cyber incidents can lead to leaks of classified information, intrusion into supply chain management systems, or the crippling of service providers that work with federal agencies. Attackers are constantly and persistently looking for weak points between the U.S. government and federal contractors, subcontractors, or other small businesses with government contracts as a foothold to launch an attack. Proactively addressing issues on your internet-facing assets can protect you from breaches.
We help agencies achieve their missions and cybersecurity goals through our SaaS platform that helps expose risks and hidden security gaps on exposed agency attack surfaces before they can be exploited.
CyCognito's platform automatically discovers all the organizations that are part of, or closely related to your agency, and then finds externally exposed systems and assets associated with those organizations. We then run automated security testing across those assets, identifying attack vectors such as vulnerabilities and misconfigurations that may lead to cyber incidents, information security failures, and other intrusions on information systems.
Prevent ransomware. Protect your mission.
Someone clicking a malicious link isn’t the only way your agency’s network may become infected by ransomware. Attackers use exposed systems, often assets that your IT and Security teams may not know about, as footholds to inject malware and execute ransomware attacks without any other steps.
With external attack surface protection from CyCognito, you can proactively see where agency technology is exposed to the internet, along with exploitable security gaps that would give ransomers the access they need to execute attacks.
Ensure compliance and achieve mission objectives
The CyCognito platform also helps to manage cybersecurity compliance requirements, including:
- Department of Defense's Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (the DoD CMMC requirements)
- Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
- DHS requirements for government contracting and solicitations
- GDPR requirements – Identify insecure PII data collection
- MITRE ATT&CK Framework – Significant reconnaissance and resource development tactics, extending into other tactics
- ITAR - International Traffic in Arms Regulations
- NIST-800-53/171 requirements – Maps partially or substantially to 11 of the 19 NIST control families including:
- Risk Assessment, Assessment, Supply Chain Risk Management, Configuration Management, Communications Protection, Access Controls, Audit and Accountability, Authorization and Monitoring, Identification and Authentication, Incident Response, and PII Processing and Transparency
- and more.
CyCognito's solutions for federal agencies are geared towards meeting the goals set out by the Cyber Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), executive orders, CMMC, Section 889 requirements, and others.
- Complete attack surface management and protection
- Promoting cyber hygiene for the government and the private sector
- Supply chain security
- Critical infrastructure visibility and security
- Enabling a critical infrastructure workforce to more effectively do their jobs
- Securing cyber systems to avoid ransomware attacks, intrusions such as the SolarWinds supply chain attacks, and weak spots that are integrated into IT ecosystems
Easy to procure. Pays for itself.
We’re proud to be used by state, local, and federal governments, as well as public sector agencies. Most of our customers recognize efficiency gains great enough to pay for our platform in the first year. To make procurement and purchase easy for our public sector customers, we have partnered with Carahsoft, the trusted government IT solutions provider.
Let us support your mission.
Our dedicated public sector team is available to you for all of your external attack surface protection needs.
Reach out for a custom demo and collaborative discussion on how CyCognito can deliver external attack surface protection for your organization.