Trusted by Leading Companies
“Prior to CyCognito we never had visibility like this, even though we used other scanning solutions.”
The Leading Attack Surface Protection
Platform on Peer Insights
Why Do Companies Still Get Breached?
As business accelerates, IT and security become more difficult to manage. The cloud, shadow IT, and digital supply chains create paths in for attackers.
Unseen Security Gaps
Your current tools and processes leave gaps. Vulnerability scanning and pen testing might be used on 30% of your attack surface, leaving 70% untested.
Attackers Have the Advantage
Defenders battle security tool noise, while attackers find and exploit the first path of least resistance they find into your organization.
Discovery as a Foundation of Vulnerability Management
The CyCognito platform gives you a more accurate view of your most critical vulnerabilities because the foundation of its advanced reconnaissance and analysis is a broad, accurate view of your attack surface. By illuminating the blind spots in your attack surface, you are able to fully assess your risk.
In a digitally transformed world, a vulnerability management process must start by identifying risks across your entire IT ecosystem — all of your attacker-exposed assets — whether on-premises, in the cloud, in your subsidiaries or in partner environments. That’s a critical, foundational step and one that legacy vulnerability management solutions don’t address. While it may be a well established and familiar practice to use legacy vulnerability assessment tools that you aim at known IP address ranges, that process does not allow you to see the assets (and associated risks) hidden in the shadows.
Organizations using the CyCognito platform report that it discovers a large number of assets that were previously unknown to them; many organizations see 30% more assets, and in some cases more than 100% more, even identifying past acquisitions and business units that had been long forgotten. Identifying these hidden assets is a foundational step in vulnerability management, because attackers know that assets that exist in the shadows harbor opportunities for them and therefore they seek them out and target them first.
The CyCognito platform discovery goes far beyond an active IP list that most attack surface management and vulnerability solutions address; it includes active and inactive IPs, abandoned assets, domains, subdomains, certificates and web applications. It uncovers hidden assets by deploying one of the largest bot networks in the world. Using attacker-like reconnaissance techniques, it discovers, fingerprints, scans and tests billions of digital assets all over the world. These discovery capabilities go far beyond the known or easily discovered IP ranges of typical ASM tools. CyCognito discovers and contextualizes unknown, unmanaged, and cloud-based assets operated or leased by your organization in subsidiaries, third-parties, and abandoned environments that present shadow risk for you.
The risk assessment of the CyCognito platform also goes broader and deeper than typical ASM capabilities that use port scanning and banner grabbing techniques that generate many false positives. And the CyCognito platform uniquely uses intelligent, iterative analysis to automatically classify and organize 84% of your attack surface assets by their business context and relationship to your organization whereas ASM tools require tedious and time-consuming manual assignment of assets to organizations.
The CyCognito platform assesses your vulnerabilities in the context of your entire attack surface, including cloud, subsidiary and third-party environments.
See How We Do It
CyCognito is solving one of the most fundamental business problems in cybersecurity: the need to understand how attackers view your organization, where they are most likely to break in, and how you can efficiently analyze, monitor and eliminate that risk.